LINDELOF: I'M LEARNING EVERY DAY AT UNITED - Official Man United Website

Manchester United center backVictor Lindelof
Manchester United center backVictor Lindelof 


Victor Lindelof has admitted the Premier League is a much tougher division than the Primeira Liga in Portugal, yet our flourishing former Benfica defender is “learning every day” after forging strong bonds with Jose Mourinho and his Manchester United team-mates.
The Swedish international was signed in the summer as one of the most highly-rated young defenders in European football and has been given time to adapt to his new environment in England.
Lindelof has since impressed supporters by producing a series of excellent displays in the last month and he appears to be going from strength to strength.
Victor notably won the Man of the Match award after the 1-0 win over Brighton & Hove Albion, before excelling as part of a back three in the away wins at Watford and Arsenal. 
Now, the 23-year-old wants to help United to progress to the Champions League knockout round as Group A winners with a positive result against CSKA Moscow on Tuesday.
Speaking at the pre-match press conference, Lindelof credited Mourinho and the players for aiding his progress. “Well I think when you come to a new club, you always have to learn,” he said. “I'm still learning, I learn every day and I'm working hard to try to help the team.
“I speak with the manager, he's been very good for me and I think I can learn a lot from him and also the other coaches. So we talk and it has been good.
“The whole team have helped as well. We always try to help each other. For me I cannot just pick one. I think the whole team has been very good since I arrived and helped me in a lot of ways.”
Quizzed on the differences between English and Portuguese football, Lindelof told reporters at the Aon Training Complex: “I would have to say the league we play in here, the Premier League, is a tougher one than the Portuguese league. As for the differences, it's two big clubs. 
“Here in Manchester, at Manchester United, it's one of the biggest clubs in the world and you have more eyes watching you. That's the thing I would say is the biggest difference.”
Mourinho was asked about Lindelof’s recent form during his own press conference on Monday afternoon and the manager was relaxed about his signing’s performances.
“He's like the team,” the boss explained. “When the team plays well, he plays well. When the team doesn't play well, he doesn't play so well. So the mistakes he had in matches were not mistakes against the level of the team. When he made mistakes it was when the team was playing bad.”

Source: Manchester United official website

See Also:

Victor Lindelof Conference



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jose Mourinho forced Mark Clattenburg into quitting refereeing role - Express

Man Utd v Man City: Pep Guardiola not thinking about breaking record - BBC

Manchester Derby: "IT WAS A CLEAR PENALTY" said Jose Mourinho - Official Manchester United Website